We couldn’t do it without you!

The first part of our mission is to support families because raising up the next generation is hard and important work. Mountain Sprouts is a 501c3 non-profit so we can provide an educational service to our community, paid for by the community.

All of our fundraising goes directly to our scholarship fund so we can make sure all children have the opportunity to get the care and education they deserve.

Why Support Early Childhood Education?

The first five years of life is a pivotal time in human development. Learn more (link to WHY page) about what we do and why it is so important!

While WA state provides subsidies for low levels of income (families earning about 60% of the state median income). There are many families above that level that are still not able to afford care while they work, or the critical preschool exposure.

  • The median income for the Cascade School District is about 53% of the state’s, meaning we have many families who are eligible for the subsidy AND lots of families just above the qualifying level.

  • The median income for the Cascade School district is about $10,000 less than that of our whole county, meaning we serve an area with higher needs than our surrounding community.

  • Paying for child care requires families to make at least 120% or more of the area median income, meaning that only those with means get to choose their children’s care and education.

Sources: City of Leavenworth Housing Study, Cascade School District, WA State Child Care Subsidy

How Are Tuition Rates Determined?

Our main expense is 80% of our budget - staff. It doesn’t otherwise cost much to run a program, especially when you focus your curriculum on the natural resources available out your door.

It is our top priority to hire and retain high quality, professional educators. We cannot offer our students what they need without the right teachers to support and guide their development.

Our tuition rates are set based on the cost of funding our staff.

2018 Financial Report


How Did Our Community Make A Difference?

Last school year 2017 - 2018 we were able to give $7,500 in scholarships, supporting about 40% of our enrolled families throughout the school year!

Thank You

We are so thankful to our 2017 - 2018 contributors who both made these scholarships possible and who enhanced our programs with their partnership and contributions!

Through our annual fundraiser, the Summer Kick-Off Concert, we raised about 60% of our scholarship fund. The other 40% came from small fundraisers throughout the year:

  • 24% Benevolent nights from local businesses

  • 16% Our contributions at Bike n Juice, supporting the host Beaver Valley Parent Group

Dan’s Food Market

Bjorkland/Swan Family

Borealis Builders

Bushel and Bee


Der Sportsman

Dylan Spradin - Home Grown Kids Yoga

Gibbs Graphics

Green Bow Farm

Hans Slette

Hope Mountain Farm

Icicle Brewing Company

Icicle Creek Center for the Arts

Icicle Ridge Winery


Kris Kringl

Melton Family

Leavenworth Family Medicine

Leavenworth Greenhouse and Nursery

Leavenworth Properties

Mission Ridge

Munchen Haus

North Cascades Properties

Northwest Mountain School

Papa Z’s

Plain Valley Nordic Trails

Posy Handpicked Goods

Roots Produce & Flower Farm

Rosselet/Allen Family


Sarah Horowitz

Stevens Pass

Sunset Properties

Syndicate Smith, LLC

Tierra Organics

Tom Prang

Wenatchee Valley College Arepas

Whistlepunk Icecream